What is ebrary?
ebrary offers authoritative e-books in a wide range of subject areas, along with powerful tools to help you find, use, and manage the information you need. Conduct your research on the computer, or try our mobile apps for Android and for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch!
You can find ebrary books by searching directly on the ebrary platform. You will also find ebrary books when you are searching Summon as they are all searchable there as well. Eventually they will also be loaded into the Connelly Library catalog.
- Business & Economics
- Computers & IT
- Engineering & Technology
- History & Political Science
- Interdisciplinary & Area Studies
- Language, Literature & Linguistics
- Law, International Relations & Public Policy
- Life Sciences
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Physical Sciences
- Psychology & Social Work
- Religion, Philosophy & Classics
- Sociology & Anthropology
Key Features of the ebrary Platform
- Available any time–online and offline on mulitple devices including the iPad, iPhone, Kobo, Nook, and Sony Reader.
- Contextual linking across multiple online resources with InfoTools™.
- Unique ability to upload and integrate a library’s own digital content with DASH!™ (Data Sharing, Fast).
- Personal bookshelves that automatically store links to highlights, notes, and more, providing an archive of research. Folders can be emailed to peers.
- Notes and highlights.
- Multiple options for searching and navigating.
- Automatic citations when text is printed or copied and pasted into Word or any text applications. Citations include an automatic URL hyperlink back to the source.
- Ability to transform text into a hyperlink to a URL of the end-user's choice.
- Text-to-speech and other keyboard shortcuts to assist end-users with special accessibility needs.
- Interface available in multiple language including English, Arabic, Chinese (simplified), French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish, with additional languages in the works.
Signing Up for an Account
Sign up for an account by clicking the Sign In link on the top right of the ebrary page and go to the New Account page
Then follow the instructions for a new account. After you create your account you can read about managing your account. Management Instructions can be found here as well